Thursday, July 14, 2016

Istanbul: The Beauty of Two Worlds

Since January of last year I started a master of Political Science in the city of Cairo... Little did I know how intense this would be and how much time I would have to spend every day studying. Nonetheless, I really love what I'm studying right now and I enjoy learning so much not only at university but also from my experiences in such a dynamic city as Cairo. Last semester was the most intense I have ever experienced and a few weeks before Spring break I knew I needed a break. This break would also help me to push myself to finish the semester in the best way possible. So, what better for a break than traveling? I decided to treat and motivate myself by booking a flight to Istanbul. I fell in love with this city and I was really enjoying the free time while walking the streets. I was constantly fascinated how the city was like a fusion of the Middle East and Europe. A fusion of the best of two worlds. A fusion that worked in so much harmony. However, I do not think my photos can show enough of how beautiful and unique this city was for me. One obstacle is that I traveled with a borrowed camera and I had issues with it, and another issue was perhaps the extensive time I have been without photographing. Either way, as usual, I wanted to share this new city (to me) with you and I do hope you can enjoy at least a few of the shots. Thank you for passing by and I wish you a fantastic day :)

































1 comment:

  1. Cool photographs! you inspired me to visit istanbul some day :)

    ReplyDelete